Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Rooted in Jesus

I have started a small groups at our church with Bible Journaling and have enjoyed illustrating the sermons.  I have found that the Sunday sermons are more visual for me since I have been doing my Faith Art.  When it is visual it helps me remember the verse and brings it to life for me.  This weeks verse was Colossians 2:6
So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.
We were reminded that being rooted and growing is movement and not standing still or stagnant.  When we put our roots into the word it nourishes us and we grow.  My interpretation is when we, like a flower rooted in Christ, grow up we keep our heads high looking up and sharing our beauty we receive from him. 

This page was prepped with Clear Gesso, stamps from Unity and colored with Watercolors.  Lettering was done with Micron Pens.

Have a blessed Wednesday!
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment