Thursday, July 9, 2015

A Study in Hosea

 I recently did a study in the book of Hosea and wow, what and eye opener to the depth of God's love, mercy and grace!  It is a book of God's redeeming love.  The first time I read the book of Hosea was after I had read the book Redeeming Love from Francine Rivers.  What a great book to read, if you haven't yet I highly recommend it! Then about a month ago our Preacher preached out of the first chapter and so I decided to read it again.  I also looked up a bible study from "She Read Truth".  It can be an challenging book to read because it is 13 chapters of Israel sinning against God and His righteous anger towards them.  After I had read half of it I came across Journibles.  The idea of literally writing your own bible....I thought that was a wonderful idea and decided to start mine out with Hosea.  So I started writing and the scripture came to life even more and it really slows you down and lets you think about each word in every verse.  I was amazed at the depth of God's anger toward Israel.  But I was more amazed at the little single verses sprinkled in a couple of places of God's love for his people.  So after 13 chapters I was really having a hard time reading about all the bad stuff Israel was doing, then the rainbow came!  Chapter 14, the final chapter is about God's mercy and grace towards His people and how much he loves them and wants to be with them.  Even though they deserve destruction, He will not do it.  I saw God on a new dimension after all that and saw how much he truly does love me/us and that he longs to supply us with everything we need and want....all we need to do is trust and turn to Him!

 If you are doubting if God loves you or wants you, Hosea will encourage you that he loves you with everything he has and deeply wants a relationship with you.  Reach out to Him and he will be there for you and supply all your needs and more!

I did multiple pages in the book of Hosea with mostly watercolors, but the last page was done with acrylic paints scrapped on the page.

Blessings & Hugs,
Jill


No comments:

Post a Comment