Thursday, August 27, 2015

Presence

 Hi Faithers,
I have been trying to rest in the "Presence" of God this week.  Sunday's sermon was in Exodus and Moses would go into the Tent of Meeting and God would be with him and talk to him as a friend does.  God then told Moses the His Presence would go with him as they went to the Promised Land.  We sang the song "Holy Spirit" from Francesca Batastelli and I have been so wrapped up in his presence.  Even though this week has had its challenges, the Holy Spirit is ever present through it all and is giving me amazing peace!
I wanted to represent the close presence of the Holy Spirit and God in my life and was on Pinterest when I came across this image by Valerie Sjodin, she actually painted this in front of her church during worship!  I was so awed by the work and it just spoke to me of such tranquil peace of God holding me and talking with me. You can see more of her beautiful work on her blog.
I used acrylic paints on my opposite page because I wanted to highlight the scriptures.  I also watered down the paints a bit so they would be a bit more transparent.  For the lettering I used stamps with acrylic paint also.
Thank you Valerie for the inspiration you gave me through your painting, God has truly blessed you!

Thanks for looking,
Jill

1 comment: